Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Itch to Stitch

My sewing machine is calling. "Use me!!", it says. I have been wanting to finish a flannel shirt re-style I've been working on (which I forgot to take 'before' photos of, so unfortunately, I will only be able to show off the finished product... but Lolah is enjoying her part of it! =)


But instead, I am at my brother-in-law's house (which is hardly a mile away from my house!), watching the boys play video games, breaking up squeaky-toy fights between our dogs, and anticipating dinner - my hubby makes the most amazing burgers!

So, while I will be having fun tonight with friends & family, my fingers & brain are itching to do some stitching!!

Until I can get back to my machine (which, I decided, needs a name!) I am simply showing off two of my favorite new creations.




We had two perfectly nice pillows on the couch, but over the course of a few months (many days of the hubby lounging around on them) they became lumpy & a little dingy. They didn't have removable covers, so I made a few envelope-backed covers for them.



Four fat quarters & 30 minutes later, I had two pretty little pillows, and a nicer-looking couch. Not too shabby for $4.00 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment